Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lazy Sunday # 391: Exploration

I’m not sure I’d call myself a Libertarian. But I have a growing concern about how much some people, governments in particular want to intrude into our lives.

I watch politicians of all stripes play to their own bases by listing the restrictions they’d like to impose on “those other guys”.

I see religions demanding people behave in ways people are not biologically built to behave.

I observe corporations bullying us into doing things that work better for them than for us.

And because of all this I have developed a theory that the exploration of Space was curtailed not because of cost or tragic accidents.

I believe it was backed off because it would have given too many people an option. The option to be somewhere where they couldn’t be controlled.

The dream of colonizing space was a brilliant one and one worth reviving. If you ask me, it’s the essential DNA of the Human Spirit. You know, to just “boldly go”.

Given what’s going on around the planet at the moment, the time might not be better.

Enjoy Your Sunday.

Ryan J Thompson - EXPLORATION from Ryan Thompson on Vimeo.

No comments: