Thursday, April 26, 2007

Now The Hard Part Begins

Nearing the halfway point of the final period of last night's Buffalo/New York tilt, it looked like my remaining goalie was cruising to a shutout and I couldn't help giggling a little. I knew if that happened, Dix would be scouring the back alleys of Regina for enough quarter and half apples to stack in his garage so he could get a rope over a ceiling joist and put an end to the madness.

We're down to enjoying Pyhrric victories in my end of the pool.

My chances of winning this thing faded badly in Vancouver when the last (save one) of my Western Division picks were sent to the golf course.



I'm not sure if that was a result of the worst officiated game I've seen in the playoffs, or the Stars just decided to supernova themselves. Either way, I'll be surprised if I'm still nipping at Cunningham's tail this time next week.

We might have to dub this guy the Lance Armstrong of hockey pools. I'd suggest we make him pee in a bottle only I'm afraid he'd be more than happy to oblige. For the sake of all that's Holy, will one of you guys in the pelaton kick it up a gear and give us back some national pride!?!

This week's standings:

1 Bill Cunningham 72
2 Jim Henshaw 68
3 Micah Reid 65
3 Will Dixon 65
5 Mark Farrell 62
5 Dave Moses 62
5 Michael Foster 62
5 Larry Raskin 62
9 John Whaley 61
10 Mark Askwith 56
11 Denis McGrath 55
12 Juniper 52

3 comments:

wcdixon said...

yeah right, it's all the 'refs' fault.

I say be very afraid of Askwith with a roster of all Buffalo and Anaheim.

Anonymous said...

Dixon... Apple boxes... haha funny

Ottawa is looking great tonight.

M J Reid said...

Nah, it wasn't the refs. It was the frantic, Starbucks-fuelled voodoo prayers of every hockey-mad Vancouverite that pulled the underperforming Canucks up. I personally sacrificed TWO CHICKENS.

They made great soft tacos.