Saturday, May 09, 2015

Pool Report: Go Home, Minnesota! You’re drunk!

Minnesota Wild defenceman Ryan Suter watches as Chicago Blackhawks left wing Bryan Bickell celebrates after Blackhawks right wing Patrick Kane scores during the third period of Game 4 in the second round of the NHL Stanley Cup hockey playoffs, Thursday, May 7, 2015, in St. Paul, Minn.

In the last week and a half, I’ve built a fence, hung ducts and drywall and hammered in a hardwood floor. During the same period, the Minnesota Wild couldn’t manage to win ONE hockey game!

I believed in these guys, saw how they manhandled most of the West during this season and figured they’d easily take apart the perennially choking St. Louis Blues.

I also thought they’d have a tough time with Chicago but push it to six or seven and with the right bounces might even prevail.

I was wrong.

And now they head off to Vegas and Pebble Beach while I begin my slow slide down the standings in the Infamous Writers Hockey Pool.

Jeez, even New York and Montreal have managed to win a hockey game!

Will Dixon, meanwhile, hangs on to his sizeable –- LEAD. My God, Willis, what did you think I was going to say?

Chris Sheasgreen and Wil Zmak give chase. Followed by that idiot who picked so many skaters from Minnesota and Barry Keifl, who now begins his inevitable climb toward the podium.

Gawd, I hate the Second Round.

pool

No comments: